July 05, 2022
Home Health (page 2)

Health

Health

  • Over 1.5m children at risk for flooding: UNICEF

    Industry Desk: More than 1.5 million children are at increased risk of waterborne diseases, drowning and malnutrition due to extensive flooding in north-eastern Bangladesh.Unicef rang the alarm as it is working with government and non-government partners to respond to the urgent safety, health, nutrition and clean water needs of children…

    Read More »
  • Excessive medical costs
    making people poorer

    Mostly becoming destitute to meet expenses Golam Mostafa Jibon: People especially poor and middle class are being disoriented day by day due to excessive medical expenses along with growing price hike of daily necessaries.The number of people infected with non-communicable diseases is increasing in the country. People are suffering from…

    Read More »
  • Omicron not mild as thought, deadly as Delta, Alpha variants: Study

    International Desk: Infection from the Omicron variant of Covid-19 is not mild as generally touted, rather is as deadly as Delta, Alpha and other strains that claimed thousands of lives globally, finds a study, IANS reported.Omicron was first detected by South African scientists in November last year. It has previously…

    Read More »
  • Vaccination to continue in Ramadan too

    Staff Correspondent: Health Minister Zahid Maleque yesterday said the ongoing COVID vaccination program will continue in a normal manner in the coming month of Ramadan.He said while speaking at a national award ceremony at the Osmani Memorial Auditorium in the capital yesterday.The Minister said in order to ensure the safety…

    Read More »
  • Four govt hospitals to build by local fund

    India cancels loan Zarif Mahmud: Four years have passed, fixed term of the project has also expired. However, there is no progress in building 500-bed hospitals for the existing medical colleges in Jessore, Cox’s Bazar, Noakhali and Pabna. As a result, India has canceled the loan from the project. Work…

    Read More »
  • Ice occupying place of Yaba

    Ice of over Tk 100cr entering country each year Golam Mostafa Jibon:Crystal Methamphetamine or Ice of more than Tk 100 crore is entering into the country each year as the highly addictive narcotic has already occupied the place of Yaba due to lax-vigilance of the concerned law enforcers.The drug smugglers…

    Read More »
  • Now potato disaster!

    Zarif Mahmud: Gaibandha farmers are in dire straits as they are not getting fair price by cultivating potatoes. Far from raising the cost of production, the farmers have to count the loss of Tk 8,000 to Tk 10,000 per bigha. One liter of soybean oil has to be bought by…

    Read More »
  • More funds incoming from dev
    partners for vaccine purchase

    Diplomatic Correspondent: The government expects large sums of money from development partners to buy vaccines in the current financial year.According to the Economic Relations Department (ERD), Covid-19 vaccine production and purchase is targeted at $1.7 billion from three development partners.Among those, a loan has been agreed upon, with more loan…

    Read More »
  • 92pc in Dhaka infected
    with Omicron: icddr,b

    Staff Correspondent: icddr,b (International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh) said that Omicron, a variant of Covid-19 or coronavirus, was found in 92 percent of the patients infected with the deadly virus in Dhaka. Delta, another variant, was found in the body of the remaining 8 percent.According to a press…

    Read More »
  • Mobile veterinary
    clinic to go to farm

    No money is required Saleh Ahmed Husain: Animal husbandry is playing a major role in alleviating poverty and creating employment for the rural poor. Many people in the village earn extra income by keeping livestock. Again, many have set up large farms commercially. Thus, despite the prosperity of the livestock…

    Read More »

LATEST NEWS