February 26, 2024
Home World wide

World wide

World wide

  • World sees first 12 months above 1.5C warming

    Staff Correspondent: Earth has endured 12 months of temperatures 1.5C hotter than the pre-industrial era for the first time on record, Europe’s climate monitor said Thursday, in what scientists called a “warning to humanity”.Storms, drought and fire have lashed the planet as climate change, supercharged by the naturally-occurring El Nino…

    Read More »
  • Chile wildfires kill 51 in ‘unprecedented catastrophe’

    Industry Desk: Wildfires blazing across Chile have killed at least 51 people, leaving bodies in the street and homes gutted, with flames continuing to spread on Sunday and the toll expected to rise. President Gabriel Boric has decreed a state of emergency in the central and southern parts of the…

    Read More »
  • China reluctant in fresh loan

    Interested for trade in Chinese currency Rabiul Haque : Chinese loan discount for Bangladesh reduced. Again, the country has not given any new promise of financing any project in recent times. China’s debt relief has been brisking in the past two fiscal years. At this time, big projects were also…

    Read More »
  • BPC earns record profit

    Oil price high in Bangladesh but low in int’l market Farhad Chowdhury : Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation (BPC) is making profit as the price of fuel oil is at a bearable level in the world market. The state treasury is also getting rich. But the people of the country are not…

    Read More »
  • India China Russia Pak other countries congratulate Hasina

    Staff Correspondent : The envoys of India, Russia, China, Pakistan, Bhutan, Philippines, Singapore, and Sri Lanka paid a courtesy call on Awami League President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at her official residence Ganabhaban on Monday morning. Besides, the delegation of Aga Khan Diplomatic Representatives also met her.On behalf of…

    Read More »
  • Global food prices drop 13.7pc in 2023

    Industry Desk : World food prices fell in 2023, with considerable declines for grains and oils as supply concerns eased, the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization said Friday.Overall, world food commodity prices fell 13.7 percent in 2023 against the previous year, Rome-based FAO said.The FAO’s cereals price index fell 15.4…

    Read More »
  • Bangladesh now 4th largest remittance source for India

    Over 1.0 m Indians working illegally in Bangladesh The Indian workers mostly deployed in different garments and textile factories mainlydealing merchandising and buyer handling touchy issues Special Correspondent: Bangladesh becomes 4th largest remittance source for India, remitting over $10 billion since 2017, said Defence Pakistan.Whereas, Bangladesh has fetched total of…

    Read More »
  • Influence of India in South Asia

    C. Raja Mohan : Has the subcontinent ‘fallen’ from the hands of India? This lament of ‘losing’ South Asia has intensified in the context of (from Delhi’s point of view) ‘negative’ developments in the region. For example, the recent demand of Maldives to withdraw India’s military presence from the country.The…

    Read More »
  • ‘Expats are lighthouses’

    Mahfuz Emran: After the corona epidemic, the Ukraine-Russia war hit the economy. The economy turned upside down due to the dollar crisis. Remittances sent by expatriates are a sign of relief when everyone wonders what will happen in the coming days. During the pandemic, expatriates made the biggest contribution to…

    Read More »
  • Elon Musk again becomes world’s richest man

    Industry Desk: The world’s richest people got richer this year, according to Bloomberg. The media released their list of the top 500 billionaires on Wednesday. It shows that 77 percent of the billionaires on the list has increased their wealth in 2023. However, the remaining 23 percent saw their wealth…

    Read More »

LATEST NEWS