27 outlines of BNP for state reform
Staff Correspondent: BNP has published 27 outlines of state structure repair, including ‘no one can fulfill the duties of president and prime minister for more than two consecutive terms’.
Yesterday, in a hotel in the capital, BNP organized a meeting.The details of this outlinehave been placed by member of the party’s standing committee Dr.Khandkar Musharraf Hossain. Moazzaam Hossain Alal moderated the program.
Top leaders of various political parties including BNP, prominent citizens, media editors, senior journalists, officials of various embassies assigned to Dhaka participated in the event.
Brief 27 Outline of State Structure Repair:
- To set up a ‘Constitutional Reform Commission’ to repeal/revise all unreasonable, controversial and undemocratic constitutional amendments and changes made by the current Awami League government.
- Establishing an inclusive Rainbow Nation based on Bangladeshi nationalism as opposed to the politics of revenge and revenge.
- Introducing an ‘electoral non-party caretaker government’ system.
- To balance the executive powers of the President, Prime Minister and Cabinet.
- No one can serve as President or Prime Minister for more than two consecutive terms.
- Introduction of ‘Upper House Legislature’ in the National Parliament with the aim of managing the state with the combination of expert knowledge.
- Examining the amendment of Article 70 of the Constitution.
- To amend the existing ‘Chief Election Commissioner and Other Election Commissioners Appointment Act, 2022’.
- To reorganize all state, constitutional and statutory institutions.
- Ensuring the effective independence of the Judiciary. Setting up of a ‘Judicial Commission’ to reform the present judicial system.
- To restructure the administration by setting up an ‘Administrative Reforms Commission’.
- Formation of a ‘Media Commission’ for overall reform of the media.
- No compromise on corruption. Publish a white paper investigating money-laundering and corruption. Appointment of ‘Ombudsman’ as per Constitution.
- Establishing the rule of law at all levels. Implementation of human rights according to Universal Human Rights Charter.
- Formation of an ‘Economic Reforms Commission’ consisting of experts.
- Based on the principle of ‘Religion belongs to everyone, state belongs to everyone’, every religious person will enjoy the full right to practice his/her own religion.
- Ensuring fair wages to working people in light of inflation.
- Repeal of all black laws including the Immunity Act in power, energy and minerals sector.
- Giving highest priority to the national interest of Bangladesh in foreign relations.
- To protect the sovereignty of the country by invigorating the defense forces with the highest patriotism.
- To make local government institutions more independent, stronger and empowered with a view to greater decentralization of power.
- Preparation of a list of martyrs in the liberation war at the initiative of the state and giving them due state status and recognition.
- Formulating modern and up-to-date youth development policies incorporating the vision, thoughts and aspirations of the youth.
- To undertake specific programs aimed at ensuring women’s empowerment. Giving priority to women as a matter of principle in nomination to National Parliament.
- Prioritizing demand and knowledge-based education.
- To introduce universal health care on the model of NHS in UK based on the principle of ‘Health for all’.
- Ensuring fair price of agricultural produce.
BNP Standing Committee member Zamiruddin Sarkar, Gayeshwar Chandra Roy, Dr. Abdul Moin Khan, Amir Khosru Mahmud Chowdhury, Nazrul Islam Khan, Begum Selima Rahman, Iqbal Hasan Mahmud Tuku, Altaf Hossain Chowdhury, Nitai Roy Chowdhury.
Also present were Chairperson’s Advisory Council Member ZainulAbdin Farooq, Aman Ullah Aman, Mizanur Rahman Minu, Habibur Rahman Habib, Central Leader Syed Moazzem Hossain Alal, Habib Un Nabi Khan Sohail, Syed Emran Saleh Prince, Mahbube Rahman Shamim, Bilkis Jahan Shirin, Shyama Obaid, Anindra Islam Amit, Asaduzzaman, Zahir Uddin Swapan, Shammi Akhtar, BNP Chairperson’s media wing member Shamsuddin Didar and Shairul Kabir Khan.
Mustafa Mohsin Montu, Reza Kibria of Anadhikar Parishad, Jonaid Saki of Mass Solidarity Movement, Shahid Uddin Mahmud Swapan of JSD, Sheikh Rafiqul Islam Bablu of BhasaniAnsurari Parishad, Hasnat Qayyum of State Reform Movement, Jatiya Party of 20 parties (Kazi Zafar) Mostafa Jamal Haider, Kalyan Paty’s Syed Muhammad Ibrahim, Redwan Ahmed of LDP, FariduzamanFarhad of NPP, Mustafizur Rahman Iran of Labor Party,Maulana Kamrul Khan of National Party, Syed Ehsanul Huda IslamiOikyajot, Barrister Tasmia Pradhan of Jagpa, KhandkarLutfar Rahman of other part of Jagpa, Azharul Islam of NAP-Bhasani, Saifuddin Moni of DL, Sheikh Zulfikar Bulbul Chowdhury of Muslim League, Shawon Sadeqi of Bangladesh NAP and other leaders were present.
Prof. AZM Zahid Hossain, Prof. A F M Yusuf Haider, Prof. Tazmeri SA Islam, Prof. AKM Azizul Islam, Prof. Shamsul Alam, Prof. Nazrul Islam, Engineer Riazul Islam Riju, Principal Salim Bhuiyan among others were present.
Khulna-Mongla Rail Link Zarif Mahmud: A 64.750 km broad gauge railway line from Khulna to …