Home Bangladesh Tk 65,000 cr of ADP aims to spend in only 15-day
Bangladesh - Corporate - June 15, 2022

Tk 65,000 cr of ADP aims to spend in only 15-day

65 pc ADP implemented in 11-month

Mahfuz Emran: The government has set to spend Tk 65,163 crore in only 15 days of the current financial year, which is 35 percent of the annual development program (ADP). The ministries and agencies of the government have been able to spend 65 percent works in 11.5 months. And this is a regular practice in Bangladesh during last few years.
The pace of implementation has been very slow since the approval of the Annual Development Program (ADP). Even the first six months are cut short. This trend has been going on for the last few years. In that continuity, only 65 percent of ADP has been implemented in 11 months of FY 2021-22. There are only 15 days left in the current financial year. However, the remaining 35 percent of the ADP will have to be implemented this month, including these 15 days, which is Tk 65,163 crore.
However, the implementation of the ADP has always started at the last minute. This time too is no exception. In this year’s ADP amendment, the total allocation of funds has been reduced from the project support sector provided by the donors, amounting to Tk 16,064 crore. In the current fiscal year 2021-22, the government has revised the basic allocation of ADP and reduced it by 7.8 percent to Tk 27,550 crore. This size was earlier Tk 2 lakh 25 thousand 324 crore.
Till the month of the current financial year (July-May) ADP implementation rate is 65.56 percent, which is Tk one lakh 42 thousand 36. The last month of the current financial year is going on. As a result, another Tk 65,173 crore will have to be spent on various development projects this month.
State Minister for Planning Shamsul Alam in the context of ADP implementation said the ADP has been implemented by 65.56 percent till May this year. Which is 7.2 percent more than the same period last year. Besides, at the same time I have been able to spend more than Tk 20 thousand 56 crore. Because the dynamism of the annual development program was not there before. But now the speed has increased.
A total of 1,060 projects are underway under the revised ADP. Of these, 1,520 are investment projects, 142 are technical assistance projects and 108 are self-financed projects of autonomous organizations / corporations.
Segment wise allocation
The highest allocation in the revised ADP has been given to the transport and communication sector. Tk 55,626 crore has been allocated in this sector, which is about 26 percent of the total allocation.
The second highest allocation of around Tk 39,214 crore or 18.69 percent has been made in the power and energy sector. The third highest allocation of Tk 23,598 crore or 11.36 percent has been made in the housing and community sector.
Besides, Tk 20,624 crore or 10 percent has been given to the education sector. Local government and rural development sector Tk 15 thousand 520 crore or 8.47 percent.
The health sector has been given Tk13 thousand 796 crore taka or 7.75 percent. Environment, climate change and water resources sector has been given Tk 9 thousand 85 crore or 4.36 percent.
In the revised ADP, Tk 6,269 crore or 3.51 percent has been given to the agriculture sector. Tk 4,538 crore or 2.19 percent has been given to the industrial and economic services sector. Besides, Tk 3,046 crore or 1.8 percent of the total allocation has been given to the public order and security sector.

Check Also

Major collapse in GDP growth in Q2

Rafiqul Islam Azad : The contribution of the industry and service sectors to the Gross Dom…